Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dear God Letter (page 115)

A worker in the post office is sorting through the mail when she sees a letter addressed to "God, c/o Heaven."

She opens it up, and it's a note from a little old lady. The lady says she has never asked anyone for anything in her life but desperately needs $500 to pay her heating and other bills and has nowhere else. She hoped maybe God could send her the money.

It’s around holiday time, so the postal worker decides to take up a collection from her colleagues. She ends up getting $450 and mails the cash to the lady.

A few weeks later, there's another letter addressed to God from the same old woman. The worker opens it up, and it says:

"Dear God, Thank you so much for the money you sent. I helped me through a difficult time, and I'm glad that I had faith. However, I received only $450. It must have been those bastards in the post office!"

No comments: